Watch Webinar Topic: STANDING: Why, What and How? presented on April 22nd by Seating and Mobility expert, Sally Mallory, PT, APT, CPST-II
Supported standing is recommended and used clinically in the pediatric population for a variety of neuro- muscular diagnoses. The justification for a standing program is based upon several factors. Clinical goals may vary or change with the age of the individual. This presentation will review the documented benefits of a standing program. The rationale used to select one type of stander over another will be discussed. The clinical benefits and rationale for selection will be used to create the medical necessity of the standing device.
1. Understand at least 5 benefits of standing to develop goals and standing program.
2. Understand rationale for choosing a standing position (e.g. prone, supine, vertical, multiple).
3. Utilize 4 measurements to choose and adjust stander.
4. Identify appropriate accessories to support child in stander.
5. List 3 important elements to letters of medical necessity and justification of equipment funding.
Click PDF icon to download webinar handout