Convaid will attend the 2015 Annual SMA Conference as a Gold Sponsor later this week. The annual event, to be held in Kansas City, MO at the Westin Crown Center, will run from Thursday, June 18th through Sunday, June 21st, 2015. Every year, Cure SMA sponsors a conference to bring together the leading SMA researchers, clinicians, and families living with SMA. Cure SMA has been hosting the Annual SMA Conference since 1989, focused on gathering SMA stakeholders in to learn about the latest advances in research and care. The SMA event runs concurrent family and researcher conferences alongside each other, bringing together researchers, healthcare professionals, and families to network, learn, and collaborate.
Convaid will be prominently featured during the 2015 Annual SMA Conference — the largest conference in the world for those affected by SMA — and for those involved in providing support and care for SMA patients.
In preparation for the 2015 Annual SMA Conference, Convaid has produced and deployed 35 micro videos depicting various aspects of its latest offering, the Trekker, crafted for big and small screens, availing prospective prescribers, consumers and others to detailed product information.
The Convaid Trekker qualifies as an all-day chair and is a lightweight, portable, easy-to-use pediatric wheelchair designed for all-day comfort and support. The Trekker addresses the needs of families and therapists alike and is typically prescribed for children with mild to moderate involvement concurrent to the following conditions: Cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, Duchene Muscular Dystrophy, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Spinal Bifida, Osteogenesis Imperfecta, Traumatic Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Cystic Fibrosis, Mitochondrial Disease, Metabolic Diseases, and Sensory Processing Disorders, among others.
Convaid Trekker product highlights include:
– Separate base and seating module
– Reversible seating
– Variable positioning (up to 170 degrees of adjustable recline and tilt ranging from -5 to 45 degrees)
– Accepts aftermarket seating
– Comes with a wide range of curative and comfort options
– Easy to fold for maximal portability
– Can be used from early intervention
– Can be used as an all-day chair
– Meets WC19 transport safety standards
- Convaid Trekker Tilt-in-space details
- Convaid Trekker reversible seating options
- Convaid Trekker overview
- Convaid Trekker rain cover
- Convaid Trekker mosquito net
- Convaid Trekker 80 to 170 degree recline feature
- Convaid Trekker extended canopy
- Convaid Trekker foot-operated wheel lock
- Convaid Trekker seat pan
- Convaid Trekker elevating adjustable foot rests
- Convaid Treker one-piece adjustable push handle
- How to fold Convaid Trekker
- Convaid Trekker back cane for after-market seating
- Convaid Trekker height back system
- Convaid Trekker upper extremities support tray
- Convaid Trekker extremities support tray padded cover
- Convaid Trekker utility bag
- Convaid Trekker medical necessities storage basket
- Convaid Trekker IV pole
- Convaid Trekker LTV ventilator holder
- Convaid Trekker oxygen tank holder
- Convaid Trekker hard tray for ventilator or suction machine
- Convaid Trekker rear anti-trip tubes
- Convaid Trekker back and planar seat cushions
- Convaid Trekker contoured seat cushion
- Convaid Trekker lateral armrest
- Convaid Trekker 3-point positioning belt
- Convaid Trekker calf panel
- Convaid Trekker foot positioners
- Convaid Trekker medial knee abductor
- Convaid Trekker adjustable curved head support
- Convaid Trekker adjustable wing head support
- Convaid Trekker width adjustable thorasic lateral support
- Convaid Trekker H-harness with padded covers
- How to reverse and remove Convaid Trekker seating module from seating base
Following Convaid’s showcase of Trekker at the 2015 Annual SMA Conference, the Trekker will make its way to Southern California at the first annual South Bay Kidsfest, an event co-promoted by Convaid, Pediatric Therapy Network and United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties, to be held on Saturday, June 27, 2015 from 11AM to 3PM at the PTN Campus, 1815 West 213th Street, Torrance, CA 90501.
Individuals wishing to schedule an appointment with Convaid during the 2015 Annual SMA Conference are urged to contact Sally Mallory to schedule an appointment, or visit Convaid on the exhibit floor. Sally can be reached at email@example.com.
Convaid, the company that invented the adaptive assisted wheelchair, has helped special needs children and their families live fuller, more productive lives since 1976. Convaid produces high-performance, easy-to-use and attractive mobility products for all stages of a young person’s life, from infancy to young adulthood. Each product is custom-built to individual specifications to provide optimum comfort, safety and convenience.
Convaid Trekker Videos on Facebook:
Convaid YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOuZ98-MIlXOdHW4_OnGwQ
Convaid Community Blog: https://convaidblog.wordpress.com/
2015 Annual SMA Conference: http://www.curesma.org/get-involved/conference/