Privacy and safe use of your personal information is of major importance to Etac.
Why do we collect and process your data?
We collect and process your personal information to:
- communicate with you and address queries;
- evaluate and monitor your use of our digital channels;
- manage and address legal obligations;
- manage, protect, and develop our systems and services;
- manage subscriptions and orders, including processing payment, and arranging delivery;
- provide customized products for your use;
- provide and update you on our e-learning and issue diplomas / certificates
- if you apply for employment with us, to evaluate your application, and if it is accepted, to establish, manage, and potentially terminate the employment relationship;
- as otherwise permitted or required by law or as we may notify you;
- as otherwise requested or directed by you.
What type of information do we collect?
The type of information we collect from you is what you provide us with when you use our websites, our digital channels, contact us or subscribe for our email newsletters. Here are some examples of the personal information we may collect:
- Login credentials, IP addresses, website cookies, type of device, operating system, browser type used for the visit, and other session details when our online applications are used;
- Basic personal or business contact information such as name, address, email address, and telephone number;
- Employment-related information such as profession, work history, current employer, division, department, title, license number, tax-numbers, personality test results and job duties, as well as contact information for external references such as name, employer, position, and relationship;
- Commercial information that could identify you and relates to the products and/or services in which you are interested or have considered. For example, for customized products, we may request information regarding your specific condition or needs, to better customize our product to address them;
- We may also collect personal information about your consuming history or tendencies;
- We may collect personal information you post in a public space on our site;
- We may collect personal information that you submit when you contact our customer service team or your account representative;
- In isolated cases compliance-related information such as bankruptcy filings, criminal matters, negative media reports, anti-bribery violations, as well as compliance with various laws.
Our websites use technology called cookies. A cookie is a line of text send to your web browser when you visit a website, which your web browser then sends back to us the next time you surf to one of our pages. The cookie contains a serial number that enables us to see if several successive visits are from a single computer or device.
How do we use the information?
We generally use your information to accomplish the purposes explained above in the “Why do we collect and process your data?” section. We also use your information to be able to communicate with you. This includes:
- Occasionally we send you a notice about the products and changes in our policies, terms and conditions. This type of information is essential for us to keep you updated with your privacy rights, to uphold the quality of our products and to ensure your safety through proper usage of the product. You cannot unsubscribe from these messages.
- We also use your personal information for communication of product launches and updates, campaigns, upcoming events or other marketing activities. To receive this type of information is optional and you can choose to unsubscribe at any time as described below.
We may also use your information for internal uses. This may include for data analysis, recruitment process, research to improve our product and service offerings, and to improve the general user experience on our websites. The information can also be used to help us to create, develop, deliver, operate, and improve our products.
We may also anonymize, aggregate or otherwise strip any personal information or other information we collect of all personally identifying characteristics and may use or share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties for any purposes we deem appropriate.
How do we share the information?
We may share your information:
- with service providers such as suppliers, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf or assist us with managing the business relationship;
- with Etac Group’s subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf;
- with other recipients such as external advisors, authorities, courts, police, and potential buyers or sellers regarding company, merger divestment or acquisition;
- We may publicly display personal information you post on our social media sites or otherwise submit to public areas of our site;
- With any successors to all or part of our business. For example, this may occur if we merge with, is acquired by, or sells a brand or part of its business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. We may sell or transfer our customer personal information as an asset or as part of a larger transaction action.
- To comply with the law or otherwise protect ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing personal information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share personal information when we are investigating a potential fraud.
- Instances where you ask us to share your personal information with a third party.
- For any other reason described to you at the time of information collection, or to which you subsequently consent.
Your EU rights
If you are a resident of the EU, you have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to:
- obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you,
- request access to the personal information we maintain about you,
- receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information,
- object to the processing of your personal information, and
- have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate.
The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local legal requirements. We will respond to all requests to access, modify, or delete your personal data as required by local law requirements. To exercise these rights, please contact us at GDPR@etac.com.
California privacy notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to make specific disclosures about how we collect, use and share the personal information of California residents who are subject to CCPA. CCPA also grants such California residents certain rights related to their personal information. This section describes our personal information practices offline and online, and contains these required disclosures and instructions for California residents who wish to exercise their rights under CCPA.
Please note that, to the extent permitted under CCPA, this section does not apply to the personal information of California residents that we collect:
- From our workforce members for employment-related purposes
- In the course of certain business-to-business transactions
We are required under CCPA to tell you which categories of “personal information” we collect, and which of these categories we disclose for “business purposes” or for “sale” purposes as these terms are defined under CCPA.
- In the past 12 months, we may have collected the following categories of personal information from California residents: identifiers; categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80, including physical characteristics or description; commercial information; internet or other electronic network activity information; audio, electronic and visual information; geolocation information; professional or employment-related information; education information; and inferences drawn from the categories in this paragraph.
California resident rights under CCPA. Subject to certain exclusions included in CCPA, and as relevant to our operations, California residents have the rights listed below. We may take steps to verify your identity, as permitted or required under CCPA, before we process your request. Verification may include asking you to provide information about yourself that we can match against information already in our possession.
- Notice. This means that you can request that we disclose the categories of personal information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which such personal information is collected; the categories of personal information we have “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- Deletion. This means that you can request that we delete personal information about you which we have collected from you.
- Equal prices and services. This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
Agents that you have authorized to act on your behalf may also submit CCPA requests as instructed below. The agent must also provide evidence that they have your written permission to submit a request on your behalf. If we are unable to verify the authenticity of a request, we may ask you for more information or may deny the request.
California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, email address and indicate you are a California resident making a “CCPA” request.
Additional Information about your California Rights. If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at email@example.com or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
Canadian privacy rights and information
Access and Correction. If you are a resident of Canada, you have a right to request access to your personal information and to request a correction to it if you believe it is inaccurate. If you would like to have access to the personal information we have about you, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact information provided below. Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons.
To help protect against fraudulent requests for access to your personal information, we may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your information before granting access. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your personal information.
International Data Transfers. Personal information that we collect may be stored and processed in Canada or any other country in which we or our service providers maintain facilities, including in the United States, and the European Union. Personal information processed and stored in another country may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws.
By using our site or by providing us with personal information, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. If you have any questions regarding our use of service providers outside of Canada, you may contact us on email@example.com or by using the contact information we provide below.
We use physical, organizational, and technological means to help protect the personal information we hold against loss and unauthorized access and disclosure. However, even though we have taken steps to help protect the personal information in our control, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. No security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
Children under 18
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data, or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, you are welcome to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also contact our Central Data Protection Guardian at email@example.com or by mail:
Kista Science Tower
164 51 Kista
If you are not satisfied with the answer you have received, you have the right to lodge a complaint with relevant regulator in your jurisdiction.
Changes in this policy