Torrance, CA (June 9, 2015) — Convaid, Inc., a Torrance-based manufacturer of custom-made, compact lightweight adaptive-assisted wheelchairs today announced that Convaid’s Trekker and other compact, lightweight, folding pediatric wheelchairs will be presented at the 3rd International Symposium Sitting Postural Alignment, known as the Latin American Seating Symposium (LASS) to be held June 11-13, 2015 at the Sheraton Hotel, in Córdoba, Argentina.
Convaid will be represented by Rehavita, its distributor in Argentina. Buenos Aries-based Rehavita has been in the rehabilitation and in-home healthcare sector for over seven years and is a Silver Sponsor of the upcoming symposium.
Just in time for the Latin American Seating Symposium, Convaid has produced 35 micro videos depicting various aspects of its latest offering, the Trekker. The videos are geared for prospective prescribers, consumers and others interested in viewing quick, detailed Convaid Trekker details. These Trekker product videos can be viewed on the Convaid YouTube Channel.
The Convaid Trekker is a lightweight, compact folding pediatric stroller that accommodates functional or rest positions and increased sitting tolerance for maximum comfort is typically prescribed for children with mild to moderate involvement of the following conditions: Cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, Duchene Muscular Dystrophy, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Spinal Bifida, Osteogenesis Imperfecta, Traumatic Brain Injury, Spinal Cord Injury, Cystic Fibrosis, Mitochondrial Disease, Metabolic Diseases, and Sensory Processing Disorders, among others.
Trekker product highlights include:
– Separate base and seating module
– Reversible seating
– Variable positioning (up to 170 degrees of adjustable recline and tilt ranging from -5 to 45 degrees)
– Accepts aftermarket seating
– Comes with a wide range of therapeutic and comfort options
– Easy to fold for maximal portability
– Can be used from early intervention
– Can be used as an all-day chair
– Meets WC19 transport safety standards
The following is a listing of Convaid Trekker product videos that can be accessed on Convaid’s YouTube Channel:
– Convaid Trekker Tilt-in-space details
– Convaid Trekker reversible seating options
– Convaid Trekker overview
– Convaid Trekker rain cover
– Convaid Trekker mosquito net
– Convaid Trekker 80 to 170 degree recline feature
– Convaid Trekker extended canopy
– Convaid Trekker foot-operated wheel locks
– Convaid Trekker seat pan
– Convaid Trekker elevating adjustable foot rests
– Convaid Treker one-piece adjustable push handle
– How to fold Convaid Trekker
– Convaid Trekker back cane for after-market seating
– Convaid Trekker back system
– Convaid Trekker upper extremities support tray
– Convaid Trekker extremities support tray padded cover
– Convaid Trekker utility bag
– Convaid Trekker medical necessities storage basket
– Convaid Trekker IV pole
– Convaid Trekker LTV ventilator holder
– Convaid Trekker oxygen tank holder
– Convaid Trekker hard tray for ventilator or suction machine
– Convaid Trekker rear anti-trip tubes
– Convaid Trekker back and planar seat cushions
– Convaid Trekker contoured seat cushions
– Convaid Trekker lateral armrest
– Convaid Trekker 3-point positioning belt
– Convaid Trekker calf panel
– Convaid Trekker foot positioners
– Convaid Trekker medial knee abductor
– Convaid Trekker adjustable curved head support
– Convaid Trekker adjustable wing head support
– Convaid Trekker width adjustable thoracic lateral support
– Convaid Trekker H-harness with padded covers
– How to reverse and remove Convaid Trekker seating module from seating base
Individuals wishing to schedule an appointment to view the Convaid Trekker during the Latin American Seating Symposium t are urged to contact Rehavita’s through their website at http://www.rehavita.com.ar to schedule an appointment.
Following the Latin American Seating Conference, Convaid’s Trekker will make its way to Southern California at the first annual South Bay Kidsfest, an event co-promoted by Convaid, Pediatric Therapy Network and United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties, to be held on Saturday, June 27, 2015 from 11AM to 3PM at the PTN Campus, 1815 West 213th Street, Torrance, CA 90501.
Convaid, the company that invented the adaptive assisted wheelchair, has helped special needs children and their families live fuller, more productive lives since 1976. Convaid produces high-performance, easy-to-use and attractive mobility products for all stages of a young person’s life, from infancy to young adulthood. Each product is custom-built to individual specifications to provide optimum comfort, safety and convenience.